The ADA was put into place for people with disabilities to have equal opportunity. Non-disabled people haven’t got that message yet.
One of the things that I don’t understand about some people is the lack of progression that people have. I’ll never understand why some people don’t want to make things better for people.
In Oklahoma City at Hobby Lobby, a woman was fired for having a service dog.
The equal employment opportunity commission came to the rescue of a woman who has a rescue dog as they won a lawsuit against the retailer Hobby Lobby because they fired her. After all, she had a service dog.
It makes no sense whatsoever that Hobby Lobby would not allow the woman to have a service dog because they allow customers to have animals come in but not the woman for whatever reason
Because of this decision, they will have to pay $50,000 for firing the women.
This proves that big retailers like Hobby Lobby don’t care about people with disabilities and care about their agenda.
Stories like this prove that there’s a disconnect between able-bodied people and the disabled community.
- Nurses are a valuable part of making people better; why are they disrespectedNurses often overwork and are underpaid, especially at nursing homes
- Why paraplegics should get electric wheelchairsIt’s healthier for people with paraplegia to use electric wheelchairs later in life; here’s why
- People with disabilities are taking over social media, Can it go too farTwitter, Facebook, and Instagram have changed people with disabilities’ lives, but can it go too far
- Love, relationships,sexAs a person with a disability, would you be intimate with another person with a disability or feel more comfortable with a non-disabled person
- Do you know more than your doctor?Why you shouldn’t rely on a physician’s opinion
- People with disabilities need someone to lead them to a better futureIf people with disabilities had a good leader the future would look good for them
- My name Is John Sikon; here’s how I got my namemy grandfather meant alot to me, he was like a father to me
- How I think hospitals make their moneyhere’s how hospitals can be nothing more than a business
- How to manage to rehab successfully in a nursing homestaying on top of a nursing home staff can be crucial to rehabbing in a nursing home
- Medical transportation for paralyzed users is a severe issue; insurance companies are to blame for the mess that is transportation for the paralyzedWhen I was a kid, like any other kid, my mom drove me everywhere, from doctor appointments to practices for track and field, wheelchair basketball, and parties to family events. Still, when I reached adulthood, transportation became a more serious issue that still affects many paralyzed people who don’t drive. The more critical issue regarding […]