Social media has given people a voice, and free speech, if you will. Some people have something to say; some people want to promote themselves, and some people want to promote their products. Either way, it’s changed how we get information.
For people with disabilities, it’s given them a voice—a chance to speak out and tell their story uniquely, their way.
However, just because people have a disability doesn’t mean they aren’t human and don’t make mistakes.
A lot of people put good stuff on social media, particularly Instagram. Some people go too far, over-dramatizing things.
The bad part of social media is that you don’t know what’s real and fake. That the bad part is that it blurs the lines.
Please make no mistake about it. People with disabilities go through a lot. They are not just dealing with the disabilities themselves but dealing with ableism. People think that you can’t do something or need help from some device and that you are less than not. But to not be your true self is the worst thing you can do to yourself.
The reason social media is so popular is because of its benefits. You have a certain amount of subscribers or followers; you can make premium content or earn sponsorships. Some people get free stuff or great discounts on things if there not making money.
People, in general, should ask themselves before creating content can I add value? Do I have something legit? Will it help people.
- Why is flying the least accessible form of transportation? Why is nothing being done to fix itwhy aren’t airlines embarrassed about the lack of accessibility for people with disabilities?
- How botox changed my life, why it’s the best treatment for incontinencebladder incontinence is embarrassing and tricky to fix but with botox it helps the treatment is next to non
- In tough times in Ukraine, where war ravishes the country, let’s not forget about disabled people affected by warthe war in Ukraine people with disabilities are suffering just like everybody else in the country
- Activities,hotel chains face off in the supreme court over accessibility; who’s right?activists are taking hotels to the Supreme Court over disability access
- What if people with disabilities could use their Medicaid for housing?California want to help people that are on Medicaid to help with housing
- Is religion, Christianity, worth having for people with disabilities?Is church the best fit for people with disabilites?
- People with disabilities rally at the Capitol in Wisconsin to have better legislation for caregiverson Thursday in Wisconsin people with disabilities gathered at the capital to try to come together and solve the caregiver crisis which is also a national crisis
- My heavyweight fight for a better educationto some kids school comes easy rather be high school Elementary or middle school every part of school was tough for me here’s my story as a person with a disability
- If a person doesn’t want to work, Society should let them be; here’s whydon’t ever feel sorry for somebody who has a disability
- Deaf student in Michigan gets okay from the Supreme Court to sue Michigan school system over failure to assist in schoola deaf student in Michigan won a cas in the Supreme unanimously giving him the right to sue because of for loss of income and emotional destress, full story here
- The highest-rated electric wheelchair on Amazon is $2,499this Ranger porto mobility scooter is $ 2,499.00 on Amazon. would you buy it?
- Leaders in Washington are introducing a bill to help people with disabilities have improved serviceslaw makers in washington could make a law that could be history making for people with disabilites
- St. Louis region’s public transportation to make cuts of there call a ride serviceAccording to the report, Disability rights advocate groups are calling it cruel because it puts people with disabilities at a disadvantage.
- In a report by Disability Scoop, QVC to start selling disability productsshopping network QVC making history for the disabled comunity
- Smart devices are essential for people with disabilities who want to live on their ownApple Google and Amazon have help people with disablilies aid their lives in a positive way by makiking smart devices
- When people with disabilities stop being polite and start getting realpeople with disabilities need to stop being polite and show some nastiness in order to get what they want
- Should we teach every kid about people with special needs in school? Would it helpshould we teach non-disabled kids about people with disabilities in school?
- Should we be afraid of Republicans, is social security safedo people with disabilities need to be worried about the people in Washington?
- Comedian Josh Blue tells the truth through his jokes; the disability community needs to know we all need to laughJosh Blue is a comedian that we all need to admire
- As a person with a learning disability and a physical disability, I wish I read more; here’s whyas a person with spina bifida I wish I had take the initiative in junior high and High School to learn how to read better
Leave a Reply