Do you ever go to a gym and see a guy with huge muscles or in his element, in his world, while working out, just minding his own business?
I can’t lie to you when I see a guy with huge muscles; I can’t help but think that unnecessary to have that much power.
I used to work in a gym. I would see all types of people. Some people were just grateful to work out; It became a spiritual experience.
As a person with a disability, I did therapy on and off for various reasons. There were times when I had surgery, and I had to have treatment to get my strength back physically and mentally.
The role of a physical or occupational therapist is to help people get back to a good place mentally as well as physically. But if you are not right mentally, you’ll never get right physically.
The therapist will tell you to work out every day. But that takes a disciplined person to do that. Humans are creatures of habit. Not everybody can get into a healthy state of mind.
One of the big myths about working out is that you have to work out with a lot of weight. That’s not true at all. I’m not saying always to use 5 lb weights. However, you don’t need to lift an ungodly amount. It’s all about pacing yourself and feeling good mentally so you can feel good physically.
People with disabilities need to work out, but it’s also essential to be in a good place mentally; if you can work out every day, then more power to you; however, you don’t need to lift a 100Ib to be at your best.
Lift what you can lift but also be careful of how much you lift. It’s like that old saying less is more. If you feel pain, stop using less weight to feel resistants but not pain.
If you have a disability or are disabled and are able to lift weights or ride the treadmill then you should give it a try.
You don’t have to work out at a gym. You can buy weights online on eBay or Amazon, or any store. It doesn’t cost a lot to get workout equipment.
I wouldn’t say I like that saying any pain, no gain. You don’t have to be in pain to have a good workout; however, getting tired isn’t a bad thing either.
- If you’re not driving your electric wheelchair like a Cadilac your wasting your wheelchairFor 35 years I used a manual wheelchair and then when I turned 39 the manual chair that I was using was kinda falling apart and I was up for a new wheelchair anyways. I was looking to get another manual wheelchair but as I got closer to picking out a new wheelchair I kept […]
- Unshoveled snow is ablism, here’s whyit’s unfair for people who use wheelchairs to not have the sidewalk cleared
- Hobby lobby fires women for having a service dog, ends up paying the price for firing womena woman in Oklahoma City gets fired at Hobby Lobby for having a service dog
- Could AI be the future for hospitals, nursing Homesare AI in the future for hospitals
- Jobs that people with disabilities could dofinding a job while you have a disability can be a pain here are a few jobs to consider
- Why Living in a senior citizen’s apartment saved my lifeIn 2006 I was 24. I was in my last year of living in my mom’s house. I remember, just like it was yesterday, my mom’s house was going into foreclosure, and I wasn’t living at home then, leaving my sister and me to live with each other.
- What if NBA players wore wheelchair basketball gearIf NBA players promoted wheelchair basketball on social media with the game progress faster?
- My eating habits as a person with spina bifidaLet’s talk about food and Spina Bifida. When you have Spina Bifida, you have neurogenic bowels and bladder. Having neurogenic bowels is a lot to deal with; it means you have no control, which leads to accidents.
- Is working out necessary for my physical health, or does it help my mental health?Do you ever go to a gym and see a guy with huge muscles or in his element, in his world, while working out, just minding his own business?
- A wheelchair basketball team, Syracuse Flyers, had $15000 worth of wheelchair basketball chairs stolen back in February; media is just now talking about it in Aprila wheelchair basketball team got their chairs stolen and destroyed
Leave a Reply