When I was in elementary, a new type of show came on television. It was called the real world, where a bunch of random people from around the country got together and lived either in an apartment or a house. They had to do these challenges and coexist with each other for approximately a few months. After a while, they got on each other’s nerves, or they started talking their minds. That show was called the real world, which opened up a new type of show called reality TV which is more popular today than at any other time on television.
The reason why I bring up the real world is that people with disabilities tend to be too polite and not stick up for what they believe in and what should be fair and just. We have a lot of ableism going on in the world that’s unfair, and the only people that can hold the abled body people accountable are people with disabilities, but they can’t do it themselves. They have to find people to care enough. For things to be changed
There is another issue within the disabled community that people who are not born with a disability and who got disabled from an accident can’t understand what it’s like to have been born with a disability and to have gone through what it’s like to have a disability. Some people might be reading this and saying well, isn’t that the same thing to do with this ability and disabled? No, it’s not by a long shot; you can be disabled and commit ableism. It’s just really Human Nature it shouldn’t happen, but it does
The sad truth about people with disabilities and the disabled is that people with disabilities often don’t have privileges as disabled people. They weren’t born with a disability, so they can’t understand what a person born with a disability is going through, especially if that person has a learning disability. It’s a problem in society, not a big one, but it is an issue.
Some people talk about friendships, but the hard truth about friends is that they won’t always be there. You have to stick up for yourself, which brings me to my other point, which is polite being polite isn’t always going to get you what you need. You have to be nasty sometimes to get what you want and to survive in the world as a person with a disability. That’s just how it is.
Who knows, maybe in the end, somebody will respect you, but at the end of the day, a little nastiness won’t hurt.
- Why is flying the least accessible form of transportation? Why is nothing being done to fix itwhy aren’t airlines embarrassed about the lack of accessibility for people with disabilities?
- How botox changed my life, why it’s the best treatment for incontinencebladder incontinence is embarrassing and tricky to fix but with botox it helps the treatment is next to non
- In tough times in Ukraine, where war ravishes the country, let’s not forget about disabled people affected by warthe war in Ukraine people with disabilities are suffering just like everybody else in the country
- Activities,hotel chains face off in the supreme court over accessibility; who’s right?activists are taking hotels to the Supreme Court over disability access
- What if people with disabilities could use their Medicaid for housing?California want to help people that are on Medicaid to help with housing
- Is religion, Christianity, worth having for people with disabilities?Is church the best fit for people with disabilites?
- People with disabilities rally at the Capitol in Wisconsin to have better legislation for caregiverson Thursday in Wisconsin people with disabilities gathered at the capital to try to come together and solve the caregiver crisis which is also a national crisis
- My heavyweight fight for a better educationto some kids school comes easy rather be high school Elementary or middle school every part of school was tough for me here’s my story as a person with a disability
- If a person doesn’t want to work, Society should let them be; here’s whydon’t ever feel sorry for somebody who has a disability
- Deaf student in Michigan gets okay from the Supreme Court to sue Michigan school system over failure to assist in schoola deaf student in Michigan won a cas in the Supreme unanimously giving him the right to sue because of for loss of income and emotional destress, full story here
- The highest-rated electric wheelchair on Amazon is $2,499this Ranger porto mobility scooter is $ 2,499.00 on Amazon. would you buy it?
- Leaders in Washington are introducing a bill to help people with disabilities have improved serviceslaw makers in washington could make a law that could be history making for people with disabilites
- St. Louis region’s public transportation to make cuts of there call a ride serviceAccording to the report, Disability rights advocate groups are calling it cruel because it puts people with disabilities at a disadvantage.
- In a report by Disability Scoop, QVC to start selling disability productsshopping network QVC making history for the disabled comunity
- Smart devices are essential for people with disabilities who want to live on their ownApple Google and Amazon have help people with disablilies aid their lives in a positive way by makiking smart devices
- When people with disabilities stop being polite and start getting realpeople with disabilities need to stop being polite and show some nastiness in order to get what they want
- Should we teach every kid about people with special needs in school? Would it helpshould we teach non-disabled kids about people with disabilities in school?
- Should we be afraid of Republicans, is social security safedo people with disabilities need to be worried about the people in Washington?
- Comedian Josh Blue tells the truth through his jokes; the disability community needs to know we all need to laughJosh Blue is a comedian that we all need to admire
- As a person with a learning disability and a physical disability, I wish I read more; here’s whyas a person with spina bifida I wish I had take the initiative in junior high and High School to learn how to read better
Leave a Reply